Wednesday, February 6, 2013

aPochable

Yup it’s that time of year that pochards have arrived at the Lough and in impressive numbers too. Usually 2 or 3 show up most days in winter, but this week there where at least ten birds present (only one female!?). There isn’t much to say, it’s hardly my first pochard post, and I’m sure it won’t be my last! Needless to say I have enjoyed spending time with these ducks. I consider it a great treat to meet a diving duck that’s approachable (unlike certain other Aythya ducks).


It’s crazy how the head colour changes with the light. I think its safe to say that I’ve taken enough pochard pics at this point to keep me going.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures. Don't see Pochards so much around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback always welcome